On the 18th of July we boarded the bus that would take us to the camp. After a long six hour journey we arrived, and soon we began to unpack and prepare for the week ahead.

Our first event was a 15 km hike from the town of Windermere to Burneside, during which we navigated for ourselves. It was a very interesting walk with lots to see, even with the bad weather!

The next day’s event was kayaking and canoeing. From the outset the weather was poor, but all of us were still very eager to get stuck in. Not long after we started the first member of our team managed to capsize his kayak in to the cold water of Lake Windermere! But even with this set back we eagerly set of upstream again. After powering upstream for half an hour we came across a rope swing which we used to swing into the water, even though the water was freezing cold!

For our third day of camp we went rock climbing. We spent the whole day improving our climbing techniques and spending most the time actively climbing or belaying on the many climbing wall.

For the next two day of the camp we completed an overnight exercise. On the first day of the exercise we canoed from Brockhold to the Tower Woods Campsite, a journey of nearly 15km, down Lake Windermere.  Once there we set up tents for the night and began to get our food on the go. However it wasn’t until later that night that we discover that we had pitched our tent on top of a load of rocks! , making it an unconfutable night’s sleep. On the second day we walked and navigated from our campsite back to the centre at Windermere, a journey of 14km. The route took us out into the countryside and then up to the top of Brant fell , a small hill which provides panoramic  views of lake Windermere all the way to Morecambe bay.

For our final days event we travelled back to Brockhold to complete the high ropes course. The course was a made up of a multitude of different obstacles and Zip lines, finishing with a 250 meter long zip wire, which was amazing!

And with that our camps activities were over, all that was left to do was clean the centre, pack our bags and board the bus home.

It was a very good week and I would definitely recommend this week to all.